Which programming languages drive artificial intelligence in 2021?
We’re going to juggle in-between Python, Java, C++, Lisp, and Prolog throughout this discussion. These are de-facto programming languages being used to create AI apps.
Artificial intelligence drives every virtual voice assistant in modern mobile applications. This industry has the potential to grow and flourish in the upcoming future.
Why is Python preferable for Artificial Intelligence?
Python does not require compilation and can be directly run on the machine. It is ‘interpreted’ by an emulator or a virtual machine on top of a native machine language that it understands. Python is high-level, uses Boolean expressions, deals with complex arithmetic – variables, objects and arrays. It includes object-oriented paradigms – imperative, functional, and procedural. It offers CPython as an open-source IDE.
- Python has pre-built libraries like Numpy for scientific computation, Scipy for advanced computing and Pybrain for machine learning. It provides comprehensive support via forums and tutorials. It is platform-independent and accommodates various platforms, object-oriented approaches, and IDE.
- Python uses packages like NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, iPython Notebook, and Matplotlib to start with an AI project; AI libraries – AIMA, pyDatalog, SimpleAI, EasyAi, etc. Python Libraries for machine learning – PyBrain, MDP-Toolkit, Scikit-learn and PyML.
- Python makes use of NLTK library linguistic data and documentation for research and development in natural language processing and text analytics with distributions for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
- C++ and Java are close alternatives to Python. It has simple syntax, readability, rapid testing of complex machine learning algorithms, collaborative tools like Jupyter Notebooks, Google Colab.
Why is Java preferable for Artificial Intelligence?
Java is easy to debug, comes with package services, simplifies larger projects, represents data graphically, and brings in better user interaction. It comes with ‘Swing’ and ‘SWT (The Standard Widget Toolkit)’; Java tools make graphics and interfaces look appealing and sophisticated.
Why is Lisp preferable for Artificial Intelligence?
‘Lisp’ supports the implementation of software that computes with symbols tenaciously. It supports –
- (1) multiple symbols,
- (2) symbolic expressions, and
- (3) computing
‘Lisp’ solves specifics and shows flexibility in AI programming.
Why is C++ preferable for Artificial Intelligence?
C++ is suitable for artificial intelligence and machine learning as it has deep learning libraries. C++ runs faster than Python. So Artificial Intelligence Development Companies use it for programs with multiple array calculations. C++ outperforms Python in AI programming. It is a statically typed language, and there are no typing errors during runtime. It creates a more compact and faster runtime code.
Why is R preferable for Artificial Intelligence?
‘R’ helps create ‘publication-quality plots’ that include mathematical symbols and formulae. It is a general-purpose programming language with numerous packages like RODBC, Gmodels, Class, and Tm used in machine learning. All such packages make the implementation of ML algorithms easier to crack business-associated problems.
Some programming languages are preferable due to the availability of skilled developers. These outperform and facilitate a compact and faster runtime code. We hope this illustration guides you in selecting the most dynamic AI coding language to implement functionality with less complexity. Also, look out for programming languages capable of running on any platform without wasting time on specific configurations. There has been a rise in GPU computing capabilities that has led to the creation of libraries. More actual computing for machine learning workloads offloads to GPU, which leads to performance advantage. Additionally, seek a language with simple code that enables – (1) a natural ETL process, (2) faster development for quicker implementation.