Best Programming Languages For Blockchain App Development
An illustration of prevalent Blockchain Programming Languages!
Blockchain apps known as decentralized apps (DApps) – do not have servers to conduct their intermediary transactions; amongst all network users. All users act as mini-servers who are responsible for verifying and sending data.
Introduction to Blockchain
Blockchain is a crypto wallet with millions of global users. They transact – send money, receive money, earn interest in the wallet brokerage with cryptos like Bitcoin and Ethereum, trade on the exchange, or get the data from the most widely used block explorer.
Blockchain companies like Blockchain.com transact in crypto with over 71M wallets created and more than $800B in transactions. It can be – (1) trading, (2) earning interest, (3) checking payment status, or (4) lending crypto coins such Blockchain companies offer the most established and widely – used way to invest in Crypto-currency for tens of millions of customers in nearly 200 countries.
Blockchain companies offer two options to their users:
- A non-custodial version – only one user controls access to their crypto and private keys.
- Another is a custodial version that enables users to use all the features like buying and selling, swapping between crypto like Bitcoin and Ethereum and transferring to interest accounts earn up to 12%.
Blockchain is the most secure way to trade – buy and sell crypto. The Blockchain wallet helps in trading and earning interest without surrendering control of your money, although it often happens with most competing companies. The Explorer-like Coinbase, Crypto.com, Binance – remains free and openly available to everyone globally.
Blockchain wallet allows users to access their crypto wallet. Users can buy, sell, hold, send, receive, and swap various crypto-currencies such as:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Stellar (XLM)
- ALGO (Algorand)
- USDT (Tether)
- USD Paxos Standard (PAX)
Blockchain App Features
- Buy Bitcoin and Ethereum via simple purchase.
- Send and receive Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Algorand, Tether, USD PAX to anywhere in the world.
- Earn up to 12% interest (variable) on BTC, ETH, USDT, PAX, XLM, and BCH annually.
- Request payments in cryptocurrencies with ease with QR support.
- Borrow USD Digital directly from your Blockchain wallet.
- The global wallet should be – (1) Multilingual,
- (2) Easy to understand, and (3) the Swap interface should make exchanging crypto fun and a frictionless experience.
- Buy and sell bitcoins in multiple countries and swap one crypto for another with live, best-in-class exchange rates from the safety of your wallet.
- Uses get prices, quotes, and historical price charts in real-time.
- Users can track transitions and addresses with the block explorer.
- Swaps happen on-chain, which makes it reliable and resistant to fraud than off-chain transactions.
- Only the users who own the wallet or initiate the transaction can access the private keys and their crypto.
- It requires a 4-digit pin, biometric authentication, two-factor authentication and a unique 12-word backup phrase.
- Such apps also allow creating a new Blockchain wallet or pairing their existing web wallet on their mobile device.
Programming Languages to Use for Blockchain App Development
C++ for Blockchain App Development
Blockchain Developers use C++ for EOS development due to its – (1) speed, (2) efficiency, (3) safety, and (4) a multitude of libraries. C++ is trusted as it has been around for decades. Also, it can develop cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ripple, Stellar, and Litecoin. It brings forth:
- Efficient CPU and Memory management
- Relocating data effectively
- Compile-time polymorphism to improve performance
- Isolating code for different data structures
- Ease of running parallel/non-parallel threads
Python for Blockchain App Development
Python lets developers create a simple blockchain in less than 50 lines of code. It is for Blockchain that also addresses the Internet of Things. It eases the job of building blocks and linking them together. Few famous Python projects with Blockchain are Steem, Hyperledger Fabric, NEO etc.
- It is easy to learn
- It accesses dynamic architecture
- It is open-source
- It is efficient for prototyping
Java for Blockchain App Development
It is based on OOP and has lots of libraries. It has monitoring tools like JMX or Java Mission Control to help manage applications. It is an architecture-neutral, secure and independent platform. Also, it is fast, supports pluggability, is easy to maintain, effortless memory cleaning and is less intense – difficulty level is lower than C and C++. NEM, IOTA, NEO, and Hyperledger Fabric are some best blockchain projects in Java.
Solidity for Blockchain App Development
Go for Blockchain App Development
Go is widely used to create decentralized applications and tools. It is easier to find libraries and required packages; It is a compiled language and directly runs on the OS; It allows building technologies like EVM and other multi-threaded networking applications.
C# for Blockchain App Development
C# is used with the .NET framework to create robust enterprise web applications. It is similar to Java and is an ideal Blockchain programming language. C# is not yet famous but is considered one of the best programming languages for Blockchain.
Simplicity for Blockchain App Development
Simplicity is a relatively new blockchain programming language. It is typed – a combinatory – functional language without loops and recursion. It is for cryptocurrencies and Blockchain applications. It aims to improve crypto-currency languages like Bitcoin Script and Ethereum’s EVM. It can express any finitary function which is for smart contracts used in Blockchain applications.
Rholang for Blockchain App Development
Rholang operates with a functional approach over object-oriented (C++, C#, Java or Python). It assesses the entire app as a series of functions which are then solved sequentially. This feature makes it suitable for smart contracts and Blockchain programming.
A decentralized application carries off the possibility of rejected transactions, commissions, and exchange rates. These are preferable as crypto-currency exchange requires a quick reaction to the price. Moreover, all Blockchain apps are highly secure as all data is decentralized, and each member of the network has a copy of all chains.
In addition to this, any user can check if the blockchain system is working. All updates to the network are verifiable by peer users in the network. All blockchain transactions amongst network users are anonymous. That transaction is bound to complete. Industries that have been using Blockchain technology vigorously are Games, Gambling, Exchanges, Wallets, Finance, Real estate, Healthcare, Music industry, E-mobility and IoT start-ups.