PHP Raptors Django Vs Laravel Crush Similar Frameworks, Take Lead in 2019
What are your very first associations when you hear the word Laravel or Django? Find which of them will make a triumphant win on development turf!
Taking the commanding lead over the prevalent PHP development scenario, Laravel vs Django as top PHP frameworks have scored, rebounded and played pretty good defense to become trailblazers. These are more than just being consistent frameworks with a supportive, loyal and growing community. Both have given some classy websites that have made them popular among PHP development companies. Django vs. Laravel (a real-time tussle between Python vs. PHP) will give you a chance to express yourself with a few lines of code and offer flexibility. This makes it a required reading for PHP development companies before rolling out their development carpets.
Laravel: Salient Features
Laravel comes with a conviction to compete and lead subsequently for following reasons:
- Laravel has simpler features and contains method injection.
- Laravel supports routing, sessions, caching, authentication, quick development mode, application architecture, dependency injection, best community packages, MVC model, growing community, etc.
- Laravel has a composer tool which loads all the dependencies and libraries using a file called composer.json file that is used to place in a source folder.
- Laravel contains different namespaces and interfaces which is used to organize and manage the resources.
- Laravel has query builder and Object Relational Mapping (ORM) support with an active record implementation.
- Laravel Authentication and template engine mechanism which is used to design the hierarchy schemas and layouts including some dynamic content.
- Laravel has configuration management, routing, and testability where the configuration of management activities takes place consistently across different machines where the Laravel Framework is being used.
- Laravel framework includes Event, Queues & Command Bus which is used to run the command bus. This helps it execute different commands and dispatch different events in an easier way.
Laravel faces some barriers like huge static methods calling and slow performance. It has only HTTP middlewares and makes use of PHP that slows it down.
Django: Unchained by Tarantino
The toughness and vagaries of Django that thralls developers:
- Django is faster as it makes use of Python programming language.
- Django provides rapid development, the greater community, great packages, easy to learn, great libraries
- Django has a lot of built-in tools like decorators, SEO tools, third-party libraries, etc.
- Django components are lightweight and have serialization and validating systems which are used to translate between web page forms and database values
- Django supports Object Relational Mapping (ORM) that provides an interface between application and database to persist the data from a database efficiently.
- Django supports Administration Graphical User Interface, a kind of ready to use interface for various kinds of administrative activities or tasks.
- Django supports multiple languages which makes it compatible with different multilingual websites by its built-in internationalization system which is present in its internal system.
- Django provides a development environment with a lightweight web server with faster and easier deployment to ensure end-to-end development and testing activities.
- Django supports different frameworks such as Caching, Ajax, RSS (Rich Site Summary) feeds and various other frameworks.
- Django has various middle-wares support
Django gets into a bubble at times when it has unsupported or less performance templating, URL dispatchers, internal subcomponents coupling, underpowered object-relational mapping.
Django vs. Laravel or Python vs PHP: Which of these will pull off the aces?
|Definition||Django is a high-level, full-stack web application framework and clean design solution, written in Python.||Laravel is a full-stack web application framework written in PHP.|
|Platform||It supports cross-platform||It supports cross-platform|
|Maintenance||It is maintained by Django foundation.||Maintained by the developer itself and their community under MIT license.|
|Architecture||Django is based on Model View Template (MVT) Model||Laravel is based on Model View Controller (MVC) Model.|
|Generality||It has rapid development feature with great community users group.||It has clean architecture and growing community base.|
|Scalability||Django supports high scalability||Laravel also supports high scalability but the only difference is the language used to write the framework.|
|Technology type||MVT framework built with python||MVC Framework built with PHP|
|Security||Highly secure for enterprise level applications||Implements basic security features|
|Learning Curve||Fairly easy to pick up||Steep learning curve|
|Performance||It is fast.||Relatively slow|
|Front-end Support||It is difficult to tie up a front-end JS framework with Django||It supports Vue.JS out of the box|
Popular Websites Created With Laravel
Laravel is being used in some popular websites like:
- Deltanet Travel
- Neighborhood Lender
- Laravel Tricks
- World Walking
- Laravel Snippets
- Rocket Rubbers
- Mack Hankins
- Orchestra Platform
- Asgard CMS
What makes Laravel a must-have PHP framework in 2019?
Laravel helps in creating fully functional MVC applications in 5 minutes. Handle requests + interact with database + render pages.
Popular Websites Created With Django
Django is being used in some popular websites like:
- Mozilla Firefox
- The Washington Post
So, is it multiple websites with one Laravel installation or a shift dimensions towards the “sites” framework on WSGI, nginx, Apache servers is required?
Developers have to apply technique and timing to analyze what works best, is it to hook associating objects and functionality to particular websites and holding place for the domain names and “verbose” names of your Django powered websites or making use of Laracasts to write multiple big sites or to have multiple domains and a CMS site built on the same Laravel framework?
However, security, efficiency, support, and cost are some factors that affect the popularity and functionality of a framework. Django is best suited for perfectionists that are particular with their deadlines. Laravels comes with ‘out-of-the-box’, ‘batteries included’, ‘MVC architectural pattern’ concept with elegant syntax to create beautiful and powerful applications. Laravel can be used to build huge enterprise-grade applications or simple JSON APIs, which might take some time. While Django is useful when quick development is required.