Angular vs. Vue: Suitable Front End Framework in 2022
While the decision to select one JS framework amongst Angular vs Vue can be stupefying, we’ve elucidated relevant excerpts to make it look easier. We hope it helps!
Please see: We’ve coupled React, as and when required, to make the Vue vs. Angular comparison more vivid and contextual. The underlying examples are based on practical implementation, and can therefore be used as the basis to create hybrid applications.
Citation: React was developed and maintained by Facebook. Angular was developed by Google, while Vue was developed by Evan You and an ex-Google employee.
Worth Mentioning: Single Page applications are built upon a single page but the entire page is broken down into several components, where every component performs a specific task – Login, display icons and images, and so on. All the components are assembled to prepare a single-page application. Here we’ll learn about their features, use cases, performance, where they are used, data binding, scripting languages they use and their testing mechanisms.
Why is Angular relevant in 2022?
Angular brings with its components, templates, directives, dependency injection, and loads of security best practices including accessibility, keeping up-to-date, property binding, lazy loading, lightweight injection tokens for libraries; Angular tokens like Dev Workflows, CLI builders, language services, DevTools, and Schematics. Angular is scalable according to project requirements. It offers a standard structure for developers, making it even easier to develop large applications.
Why is Vue relevant in 2022?
Vue is preferable by start-ups as it serves smaller projects. Angular is preferable for projects of longer duration and enterprises. Vue is speedy and easy to learn.
How are Angular and Vue similar?
Comparison: Angular vs. Vue
- What does it represent: React represents the view part of the MVC framework. Angular is a full-fledged MVC framework. Vue is focused on the view and model layer of the MVC framework.
- What is MVC: MVC is an architectural pattern that separates the application layer into Model, View, and Controller. The model relates to all data-related logic. Vue is used for the UI logic of the application. The controller is the interface between the Model and the View. The controller drives the functionality of the tool. Any changes can be easily factored and isolated and as a result testing becomes a whole lot easier.
- How does it work? The moment you build an HTML view and render it into the browser, this view to the browser is an HTML tag. Internally the code is converted into a balanced tree structure. This B-tree algorithm is extremely fast. So if the user makes any changes to the UI, the changes are reflected immediately. This is facilitated by the B-Tree algorithm, which improves the performance.
Performance (React / Angular / Vue)
What is DOM: React uses virtual DOM to fill in data in the HTML DOM. When a web page is loaded, the browser creates a Document Object Model of the page. DOM is an API that defines how a document is accessed and manipulated. The DOM represents a document with a logical tree. This DOM parser converts the HTML code into an inverse tree structure.
- React uses the virtual DOM, while Angular uses the real DOM, and Vue uses the virtual DOM again. A virtual DOM only looks at the differences between the previous and current HTML and changes the part that is required to be updated.
- Angular, on the other hand, updates the entire tree structure regardless of any changes made or not.
- Vue updates only the ones that have been changed. Since no time is spent on making changes to the entire tree, React is extremely fast. On the other hand, React DOM updating is time-consuming, risky, and loaded with errors. Vue also ensures faster and bug-free performance.
Data Binding (React / Angular / Vue)
It is the core reason why we use single-page applications. Data Binding feature in a framework lets you identify the user and retrieving data based on that is facilitated using data binding.
Data binding is a process that allows an internet user to manipulate web page elements using a web browser. It is used in web pages that contain interactive components such as forms, calculators, tutorials, and games.
React facilitates one-way data binding. It takes the data from the view and pushes it to the model or vice-versa. While Angular and Vue use two-way data binding.
- In React every time the model state updates, the view changes accordingly. First, the model state is updated, and then it renders the change in the UI element (view).
- In Angular, any changes made to the view are immediately reflected in the model state.
- Vue follows the same principle. This has a huge impact on the performance. Due to one-way data binding, React is fast. Angular is even slower, and Vue performs according to the input type.
- Angular requires knowledge of the specific syntax. Create a class and then inject it into HTML. To do something better, write code for an Angular application using a newer language developed by Microsoft called TypeScript. It is a compiled language and is very similar to Java and C-Sharp in terms of syntax.
- Jest is a framework/API developed by Facebook to run tests on React. It is embedded in every React library and requires zero configuration.
- Angular uses the Jasmine framework to run various tests. The Jasmine framework allows various functionalities to write different kinds of test cases. It also ensures that the application is error-free.
- Vue CLI has built-in options for unit testing with Jest or Mocha. Vue’s single-file components make it straightforward to write unit tests for components in isolation. This makes it modular and extremely fast.
Since all these tools are open-source, they have a large developer community.
- Few popular GitHub repositories on react are reactjs101, reactjs.org, reason-react, react-paginate.
- Popular GitHub repositories for Angular are Angular, angular.js, angular-cli, angular-seed.
- Popular Vue repositories are Vue-awesome-swiper, vuejs.org, vue-Apollo
It lets us commit, downloads third-party plugins, and explore these tags even deeper.
NPM stats say that over the past few years, there have been approximately 360 million REACTJS downloads. There have been 38 million downloads for Angular, and 63 million downloads for Vue.
Use Cases from Business Perspective
- Angular is used by Nike, Forbes, Upwork, Sony, HBO
- Vue is commonly used by Alibaba, MI, Grammarly, Adobe
Please share your suggestions at [email protected]